- DO Take Your Writing for Granite
- A Man of His Word...or 500
- Content Marketing Works. Check the Numbers.
- Spice it up. Add Video To Your Blog
- Content Marketing vs. Brand Journalism
- How are You Using Your Media Channels
- Content Marketing: Where Does It Fit in Your Strategy?
- What's It Take to be a Great Content Marketer?
- So What IS Content Marketing?
- Amortizing Your Video Investment
By Randall Gerber
Writer –Winning 2014 Best ROI healthcare blog - By the Carolinas Healthcare PR and Marketing Society
CEO The Gerber Group
No. The headline isn’t misspelled. I mean granite (or marble) because one way to view writing is to approach it the way a sculptor appraises a piece of granite or marble.
Good writing is like good sculpture
How do they create their art? They take away everything that isn’t needed for the final masterpiece.
First they take the big chunks away from the corners. The healthcare blog writer removes chunks of medical jargon and technical terms. Even as the large chunks are hammered away, the sculpture has a vision of the final work – a hero leaning forward, a woman ...
By Randall Gerber
Writer – Winner - 2014 Best ROI healthcare blog - Carolinas Healthcare PR and Marketing Society
CEO, The Gerber Group
Today, creativity is just the start of good writing.
When I talk with college students about writing, my advice is simple: the hardest part of writing…getting your butt in the chair.
Admittedly, good writing requires more than that. Thinking through your idea before you sit down. Allowing your brain to think about an idea while you sleep is one technique I use. Walking the dog is another method. While your pooch smells the roses (or other dog’s pee), let your mind mull. Finally, on a day when my mind has more trouble starting that an automobile in a Minnesota winter, I try cream-...